Read at : http://www.container-gardens.com/
Gardens in Containers and Planters : Explore Container Gardening
Benefits of Gardening in Containers: Do you live in an apartment complex where digging up a little sod is out of the question? Or, maybe you just don’t have the physical ability to tend a large garden, but still want the benefits and rewards of having one. Have you considered container gardening?
Container gardening is simply growing your garden in – you guessed it – containers! It was born of a strong desire, and in some cases a need, to produce herbs, vegetables, and flowers within a limited amount of space and/or poor soil conditions, all which can be controlled by gardening in containers.
Container gardening can be beneficial for many individuals and situations:
• The disabled and the elderly – container gardening offers easy access.
• Problem soil – containers allow you to control your own high-quality soil.
• Space – Container Gardens utilize minimal space.
• Apartments/Condos – addresses limited access to garden plots.
• Gourmet cooking – easily grow fresh herbs and vegetables for cooking.
• Plant enthusiasts – for those who just can’t get enough gardening!
• Mobility – container gardens are easy to move around as needed.
• Convenience. Keeps your flowers, vegetables, or herbs close at hand.
The design of your container garden doesn’t need to be complicated or even expensive. For a simple, yet effective container garden, follow these simple steps:
1) Determine how much space you have available.
2) Determine what types of plants you want to grow.
3) Select your containers accordingly.
4) Choose your garden soil mixture. (For more info on garden soil)
5) Take into account the availability of sunlight and shade.
6) Shop around for just the right plants, soils, and containers.
7) Make everything look good! Get some great looking garden planters, or accent with wall fountains. Don’t stop there, Cast Stone Garden Fountains or wall water fountains will add a nice water feature to your garden.