Read at : Google Alert – container gardening
Vegetable Container Gardening
Many Americans are searching for ways to eat healthier and more affordably. Families are always looking for ways to cut down on their grocery bills. And, with reports of harmful pesticides remaining on fruits and vegetables even after washing, many consumers are concerned about health risks. Growing our own food has become a practical, cost-effective and safe solution. And you don’t need acres of land to do it. A window sill, porch or patio is all you’ll need to begin a productive, healthy garden.
Most vegetables can be grown in containers
Just about any vegetable that grows in a typical home garden will thrive in a container garden.
See interesting publications :
- What is Container Gardening? Container gardening is as simple as the name suggests. When you grow vegetables, plants, or flowers in a container, that is container gardening. When it comes to gardening, it doesn’t get much more versatile or creat…
- Plants and Flowers Grown in Containers Plants and flowers grown in containers have a few advantages over those planted in your garden. The advantage to having container plants and flowers is the fact they can be moved around to benefit from the sun and the…
- Tips for Gardening with Children Gardening with children is a challenge. With some forethought and creativity you can make it an educational experience that also provides quality time for both parent and child.
- Growing Herbs in Containers There is no absolute rule stating that herbs must be grown in a garden in the ground. Herbs work wonderfully in pots, baskets and window boxes.
- Fun Tips for Vegetable Container Gardening Review of different types of containers to use and best vegetables to grow.