Photo credit: You Grow Girl
Container Gardening Guide
My books You Grow Girl, Grow Great Grub: Organic Food from Small Spaces, andEasy Growing: Organic Herbs and Edible Flowers from Small Spaces all contain instruction on growing food in containers — the latter two are packed with the best information.
I may garden in a yard now, but I still grow just as many if not more containers here. I continue to experiment with new varieties every year and am always pushing the limits of what I think is possible for those of us with small garden spaces.
- All about soil.
- Guide to choosing organic soil mixes for container growing.
- A few tips on watering containers.
- Steps for bringing potted plants indoors for the winter.
- Consider adding mycorrhizae (aka root fungi) to your container soil.
- RECIPE: Mix up your own basic potting soil mix and seed-starting mix.
- A simple way to keep track of plantings in a mixed pot or an entire garden.
- You’ll find more container growing help on the Handy Garden Tips page.
Read the full article: You Grow Girl