Photo credit: Tall Clover Farm
Growing Carrots in a Container
As for my apartment dwelling pals, stick with containers and keep up the good fight. There’s nothing like plucking a sun-ripe tomato from a fourth-story balcony. Gardening triumph in the city!
Why grow carrots in a bucket or barrel?
- Good soil tilth and drainage
- Easy to start seeds
- Carrots thrive in light, rock-free soil
- Easily harvested as needed
- Successive planting, one in spring (summer crop) and one summer (winter crop)
- Easier to control pests like grubs, wireworms and moths