Photo credit: Access to the Garden
Potatoes in burlap bags
How to Plant Potatoes in a Container
Posted by Acus Cimis on Google+
4. Planting Potatoes In A Pot
- Mix free draining soil with fertilizer and moist them.
- Fill in the container with 4 inches deep of growing medium.
- Cut the seed potatoes into 2-inch chunks that have some eyes. You can plant small potatoes as they are.
- Plant the chunks in container with 5-7 inches between apart.
- Cover the seeds with 3 inches of moist soil / growing medium.
- After the potatoes grow around 7 inches, cover them with more soil. Continue to cover the small plants until you reach the top of the bag or container.
- Keep the potatoes in containers are well watered but not soggy.
Read the full article: Garden and Farm